- LED Headlamps – Your Dependable Partner When Going Outdoors
- Bang For Your Buck: Best Handguns Under $500
- Report: United Nations Medical Vehicles Spotted In Mississippi
- DOJ To Purchase 95,000 Rounds Of 9MM Hollow-Point Bullets
- Simple Home Tests to Determine Whether Your Bullion Is Real or Fake
- US Officials Say Russians Have Hacked The White House
- The Must–Have Camping Gadgets
- Camping Gear Online – Online Camping Store
- The Ultimate Bug Out Bag Content List
- AMC’s The Walking Dead Has Been Cancelled
Candle Powered Pottery Heater
Hopefully, this can help you the next time you are stuck without heat.
Keep in mind that this will NOT heat your whole home, not even close. However, you’d be surprised at how it will heat up a closed room and will keep you from getting hypothermia. Essentially it takes the heat from the candle that would normally go straight up and radiates it out once the terra cotta begins to retain the heat.
Step 1: Materials
You will need the following:
3 different sized clay planting pots
1 large bolt (approx. 5″)
1 flat bracket
1 Candle in a jar (like a Yankee Candle)
1 Alarmed looking black cat (optional)
1. Thread the bolt through the bracket
2. Turn pot upside down
3. Thread the bolt through the hole in the bottom of the pot
4. Turn right side up
1. Put washer on bolt
2. Thread the bolt through the medium sized pot
3. Secure with a washer and nut
Repeat this step again with the small pot
Note: be careful not to tighten too hard and break the pot
1. Light the candle
2. Surround it with 3 large mason jars or other non-flammable items that will act as the stand to hold the pots in place
3. Set the pots upside down above the candle and…
It takes a few minutes before it feels warm to the touch because the inner pots heated before the outer pot will retain heat.
Keep in mind that the last thing you need in a blackout is a fire. Make sure all materials are on a non-flammable surface. One idea is to put all of the pieces inside a large cooking pot.
One candle will heat up pretty well. If you can get a glass jar candle that has two or three wicks even better!